Re: Defogging inside of windscreen

To: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Defogging inside of windscreen
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

---Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

> In the 'mountains' of western Massachussets it often gets
> cool in the evening and I find that the windscreen fogs up.
> The GTs heater system is little help, and more often than
> not makes things worse...
> Am I likely to find the heater box and air ducts to be
> impaired from age?
The stock MG defroster is good. For years mine ran poorly, and one
day, when I had the glovebox out, I discovered why: the right duct
hose located behind the box had fallen off! A two second fix made it
all good again-- I had just attributed the poor performance to age.
Check out the simple stuff before anything else.

Jim
74B