Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 07:27:33 -0400
Jarrod,

I reluctantly have to agree that Trevor and Jim's advice is sound and
logical.  :)
You will be able to rely more on an old Civic (our other car is a '95 Civic
and it's bullet proof - never breaks) than an MG with 90k miles.  However,
I still wonder if we all have to get so dang logical already at age 15-16?
I do like Jim's suggestion of getting a more reliable car =and= keep the MG
and learn to fix it yourself.  Wish I had worked on my Midget way back when
instead of letting my dad and bro fix it.  Wouldn't be so car stupid now.
Though I'm getting better with this list's help.  :)

Thing is whatever you do, you are only increasing your odds one way or the
other.  You could do the initial fix up on this MGB and then drive it for a
year or more without significant problems.  That's what happened for me in
the '63 Midget - good luck.  Or you could buy a Civic in decent shape and
end up fixing it every other weekend.  Bad luck.  But if you want the odds
in your favor for more driving to fixing ratio buy a boring solid car.  It
=is= cool having your own moving wheels.

Philip

Burgundy 1974 Midget