Re: My MGB got bent?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: My MGB got bent?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:08:09 -0700 (PDT) (20:08 UT)
>    How can I determine if this happened to my car?  If my car is
 bent by the DPO's ignorance, what would be the best road to take?
 My guess is to hammer the sill area flat so the doors don't scrape
 when opened and live with misaligned chrome trim stips.  I know,
 beyond the shadow of a doubt that the sills are metal, not bondo.  I
 have had door fitting problems since I bought the car, and I wonder
< if this has anything to do with it?

 Well, you may be right, but know this:  Tintin's doors have never
been well aligned, even when my dad bought him new in 1966.  He took
the car back to the dealer, and grabbed it back again when the mechanic
started to align the doors with a sledgehammer!
 Can you maybe try to lay a long straightedge along the bottom of the
right and left rockers?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*