Re: Thought for the day ... about hats(rant mode on!!)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thought for the day ... about hats(rant mode on!!)
From: Daniel Pruett <jpruett@tfb.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:23:39 -0800
Ben Ruset wrote:
<snip snip snip>
> I was driving my Rx-7, and at that time was on the Rx-7 list, where they
> talked about using other cars as "rabbits" -- following a fast moving car
> to match their speed, but hoping that a cop would pull the first car over.
> Needless to say, a large Chevy Caprice blew past me one day. I looked in
> and it didn't look like a cop, so I switched lanes and matched his speed.
> All the way up to 90. When he switched lanes and put his lights on....
> well, I was nearly ready to throw myself into traffic.

<end snip>

I've done this before too...actually, I do it almost every time I
drive.  ;-)
Once though a Highway Patrol car zoomed past me when I was doing 80
(traffic was moving about that speed is the only reason I can think of
as to why he didn't pull me over), so I jumped about 5 car lengths
behind him and tailed him.  Its amazing how traffic parts for Highway
Patrol cars...one is reminded of Moses.  I made good time doing it
though.....

Daniel Pruett
1977 MGB
1995 VW GTi VR6
--
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those that think alike than those who think differently."