Re: Fuel Injection

To: "Jurgen Hartwig" <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:53:26 -0500
All,
   If your going to work on FI for the B,  why not do it 'right'.
(Incidentally,  I think I saw an article on putting FI on a B on the
net.... somewhere...)  One big problem is that the #2 and #3
cylinder share the same intake port ( hence the balance tube).
Why not go with to cross flow head?  Its designed with four
separate intake ports which would be ideal for a four port EFI
off of a modern engine of similar displacement.  You could
probably use the mass flow sensors, rig up an oxygen sensor,
etc., and be fully functional.  The trick may be in the programming
to optimize the performance.  Seems possible anyway.
Harlan.