Re: fuel injection

To: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: fuel injection
From: cgmoog@ibm.net
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:48:50 -0400
Jurgen Hartwig wrote:

> That is what I have concluded from private conversations with other
> listers.  The throttle body injection would hands-down be the simplest
> form of FI to fit to the current MGB engine.  I will be visting some
> junkyards when I get back home, to study the various systems fitted to
> Ford, GM and VWs.  Do you think the 2.5L would not be too big for the MGB.
> I was considering the under 2.0L Tempo, Escort engines, but I can see now
> that having injection system slightly larger would not be a problem, see
> as how they could be scaled down for MGB.

I've been checking specs on some TBI vehicles and without going to a
junkyard to confirm I believe the easiest conversion maybe a 2.2L
Chysler.

Heres why.  The carbed version used a Holley Licensed Weber that I
believe is the same as the downdraft weber used on MGBs.  Later vehicles
had TBI and may have used the same intake manifold.  If so the throttle
body should bolt on with out mods.  These engines were rated for 93hp at
over a little over 5000rpm and around 120 ft-lbs at around 3500rpm.
This should be a good match for the B.

Don't know how easy (or difficult) mpoar injection is to work with but
plenty were made it could be worth a try.