Re: Odd Things Found In Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Odd Things Found In Cars
From: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu (Thomas I Perigrin)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:14:50 -0500
Hi,

        New to the list - I'll introduce myself and Emma (a '72 MGB that
I've owned off and on since 1978) later.

The story about the cheese rang a bell.   Once I drove my wife's daily
driver (not LBC) and thought it had a faint but highly objectionable odor.
We couldn't find anything.  As I drove it occasionally over the next few
weeks I found the odor to be more and more objectionable.  Finally, we
lifted the rear seat to discover a plastic sealed block of cheap cheese
that was now well into it's liquid age...

The strangest thing I have ever found was a small rubber duck.  Which may
not seem all that strange, until I mention that I found the rubber duck IN
the aircleaner.  It was placed in such a fashion that the only way it could
have gotten there would have been to remove the cover, insert the duck, and
replace the cover.

I can not fathom why anyone would wish to insert a rubber duck into their
aircleaner.

P.S. to Nina - didn't you know that the reason you found the diamond ring
is that one doesn't OWN a LBC...  one marries it!

---

A .sig is static        My life is dynamic.     I can't think of a single
quote or witty saying that expresses the mercurial nature of the changes in
my life.  The only constants in my life are stress,  my loving wife, and
the weekly hairball my cat leaves on the carpet.