SU Carb Video

Subject: SU Carb Video
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:20:28 +1000
Hi all,

Just borrowed the SU Carb overhaul/tuning video from the MG Car Club last
night. I've already got the Haynes SU Manual and about 3 different workshop
manuals but let me tell you this Video is great! It's cleared up any
questions I had and to actually see the operation removes any questions
regarding the process. The video covers H, HD, HS and HIF. So I can do both
my A and B.

If you're considering rebuilding your SU carbs and haven't done it before
(like me) then I really suggest getting a copy of this. For instance in the
text of SU manuals there are names given to various types of screws, nuts
etc but in the diagrams they are not given their correct names only -
'screw', 'washer', 'nut' etc if you get my drift!! Very confusing for a
newbie like me! Seeing the video has removed if not all but 95% of the
mystery.

Sorry to go on but I've found this very informative! Unfortunately now I
realise that the dashpot on the front carb of my A is warped. *sigh* It's
binding to the piston..

Cheers,
Neil.
--