Re: SU Carb Video

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb Video
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:01:56 +1000
Bob,

>  Did you recognise the the Professor as list member Laurie Alexander?
>Bob

No!!! But he just told me!! <G> I don't remember seeing his name anywhere in
the credits at the end. BTW Anyone who Emailed me re: this Video I'm sure
Lawrie will be able to source you a copy! I don't know where the MG Car Club
of Sydney got this from - as I don't know if Lawrie made them in PAL format
(you guys in the states use NTSC), maybe someone here in Aus converted it.
The MG Car Club of Sydney has a huge library of videos, books etc which
members can rent for a month.

If Lawrie has PAL format I'll be buying a copy! I also think Moss sells
these but I could be wrong.. I've seen them in a catalogue somewhere..

BTW everyone, I see Lawrie uses some sort of dip tank carb cleaner, I'd love
to hear from any Aussie List Member who could tell me where I could get
something similar. Aerosol cans are $10 each and go absolutely nowhere.
Besides they don't clean all the grime off. I've been doing it by hand using
std degreaser, with good results but oh so slow and extremely hard to get
into all the crevices even with little wire brushes. I tell you I can't
believe how well the parts come up after cleaning and a little metal polish.
I had no idea some parts of the B's carbs were brass (linkage) - they were
so filthy! I had already cleaned everything I could clean with the aerosols
(without removing the carbs from the manifold) some weeks back. Now the
carbs are off and with it the intake manifold, I can see how really filthy
they are. I think when the valve cover gaskets start to leak they coat the
carbs on the underside. Yuk!

Enough of my boring newbie stuff! <G>

Cheers,
Neil.