RE: Fuel Pump Problems

To: Craig Brownlee <Craig_Brownlee@ong.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Problems
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:34:04 -0600
        My son's '74 did the same thing last week. I pulled the bowl off the
fuel pump and found it had about 1/2" of rust and various other uglies in
the bottom of it. Cleaned everything up, reinstalled the bowl - all is well.
It seems he had run out of gas a couple of days before (typical
non-functional fuel guage), and I'm guessing the last 1/2 gallon or so was a
little thicker than usual.