MG's & the Zoo Bar

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG's & the Zoo Bar
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 05:28:54 -0500
Just caught the thread re, the above.  And, it brought back memories.

A couple of years ago, I was in Nebraska & Iowa seeing clients.  Having
lived in Michigan a couple of years, I was used to places where "furrin"
cars were few & far between.  (Quite unlike the eastcoast where I've spent
most of my days, and foreign iron is more commonplace than Detroit iron.)
Most of the cities I went through out there were like Michigan in that
regard.  Then, I got to Lincoln.  HOLY COW!  What happened out there????  I
saw more old European sports cars than anyplace ourside of New York, LA and
Seattle.

I stopped at a shop called "Road & Track Service" or some such & spent some
time talking with the owner.  He told me that this import focus began around
the same time that the phenomenon was taking place in the places mentioned
above.  And, it never stopped.

Well, here's a toast to imports in the heartland - and especially in
Lincoln.  Keep 'em drivin'.

Also came across a '54 Chevy 2-door for sale there, not unlike my first race
car.  Never did buy it though.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB, etc.