Re: Headliner replacement ?s

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Headliner replacement ?s
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 13:25:36 -0800 (PST) (21:25 UT)
>Not especially difficult - but tedious - you have to remove the rear
 hatch and the cowl that has the interior light - the headliner then
 slides out through the back - they do have a tendency o stick - and
 refitting the hatch can be a bit tricky (min 2 people and a lot of
 swearing!) also a new headliner tends to make the surrounding vinyl look
<like crap!

 IT SLIDES OUT!!???  That's the first I've ever heard that!  If it's true
(on a 1966 MGB-GT) then I'm in nirvana!  I bought the headliner kit
five years ago, and I've been dreading trying to do this job.
 The other question is:  I bought the Scotch heavy-duty spray-on upholstery
adhesive, but I tried some on a piece of thin cloth, and it bled right
through.  I'd hate to ruin my headliner material.  Is there a trick to
using this stuff that spits out of the can like sticky snot?
 By the way, I've removed and replaced my hatch twice all by myself.
Open it, undo the nuts holding the spring arms to the body, undo one screw
in each hinge, loosen the other two.  Then, using your head and one hand for
support, undo the other two screws, and pull out the hatch, using your free
hand to release the spring arms from the body.  Use your head.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*