Re: MG Shopping

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: MG Shopping
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:42:27 -0800
The number one advice I would give anybody looking at an MG (or a
Triumph) is to pull the splash panels out of the front fenders and look
for rust in the sills.  You can easily fix any mechanical problems, but
rust in this location is a real bugger.  I'd take a rust-free car with
no engine, rather than a rebuilt engine in a rusty car.
Lonn Howard
Pasco, WA
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."