Re: Original Equipment BL radios

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Original Equipment BL radios
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 19:46:15 -0700
>Paul,
>
>My project '67B had a positive ground AM/FM radio that looked old enough
to be
>original.  I don't remember the brand and I'm not likely to find it
because I'd
>have to dig in the car with whatever creature causes baseball-sized welts.
 Just
>thought you'd want to know of an old AM/FM radio sighting.
>
>Denise Thorpe

I still have the original British Leyland am/fm radio from the 71BGT I
bought in '77.

My newly acquired 67 BGT still has a functional AM British Motor Corp radio
in it. Which I would replace with an am/fm cassette player - however, the
67 also uses the positive ground.

Any tips from you others on the positive ground when it comes to replacing
the radio? I've only done it once and ended up shorting out the 8-track
player and frying some wires, thereupon giving up (yes, this was eons ago).

David
67BGT
71BGT