[Top] [All Lists]

RE: My interior is back

To: "'Larry Macy'" <>,
Subject: RE: My interior is back
From: "Gronberg, John" <>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:58:47 -0500
Well I am showing my age but here goes. Tuck and roll refers to the type of
"look" for the seats in an automobile.  During the 50s + 60s it was used on
lots of hot rods.  The tuck refers to the seam the roll refers to the padded
portion of the seat cover.  Example the distance between the seams could be
1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.5, 2 etc etc. the roll would be the padded portion of the
cover that is the same distance as the seams in-between the rolls. The seams
and the roll  all ran from front to back (the same as the length of the car
as apposed to running sideways across the width of the car). One way to get
a cheap seat cover when the original covers split was to use terry cloth to
cover the seat, this was affectionately known as "tuck + roll terry cloth".

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Macy []
> Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 9:16 AM
> To:   Ulix Goettsch; William M. Gilroy
> Cc:   spridgets; mgs
> Subject:      Re: My interior is back
> >What's a tuck'n'roll?
> >New dance craze?
> >
> >    Ulix                                       __/__,__      ___/__|__  
> >..............................................(_o____o_)....<_O_____O_/..
> .
> >                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9
> Man you are a youngster!!
> Larry
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
> Keep your top down and your chin up
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> System Administrator/Manager
> Neuropsychiatry Section
> Department of Psychiatry
> University of Pennsylvania
> 3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
> Philadelphia, PA 19104

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>