Re: Petronix ignition

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Petronix ignition
From: John Turbeville <jturbe@netdoor.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:46:48 -0500
Thanks a million for the tip. I went out and checked my Pertronix unit on my
Lucas 25D distributor because I had been working on it and also noticed that the
plate moved with the distributor cap off, but when I sucked on the vacuum
advance hose with the cap back on, there was no difference in timing-I kept on
thinking that something must be wrong, it should have advanced the timing a few
degrees. The cap did not properly fit on the bottom side, making it impossible
to see, but when I pulled the whole distributor out, it was very obvious that
the cap does not seat well, so I pulled out the plate and filed it down until
the dist. cap fit down, and whamo! the timing advanced 5 degrees after starting
and sucking on the hose. What a difference it made with mechanical and vacuum
advance working properly together! Thanks again.