Re: Fuel pump

To: <JRLNJ@aol.com>, <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump
From: "Kenneth Scott" <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:22:34 -0400
Jason,
        For what it is worth, I put in an inexpensive solid state pump from a
chain ($24) and have had no problems.  It does click constantly but generally
other noise drowns this out.  You MUST get one of the lower pressure ( < 4 PSI)
for this to work.  When U bought them they were on sale for $12 and I bought
two.  They are so small that the extra is in my boot and takes up no room at
all.  Just my $0.02
Ken Scott
77 MGB

>>> <JRLNJ@aol.com> 06/14/99 11:48AM >>>
I think I need to replace or rebuild the SU fuel pump in a 76 B I just
bought.  It will start, and idle for a few minutes, then die.
How successful is rebuilding the pump?
Is it better to just buy a new one?
Does anyone have good experience with a substitute pump, like a NAPA?
Thanks,
Ray Lynch
76 MGB