Re: Shame on CU

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, <phbailey@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Shame on CU
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:27:26 -0400
> Question--has anyone really  _had_  a "huge repair bill"  or is this a
> perception caused by the annoying little repairs that get under one's
> skin?

For the past year and a half I have owned both a 62 MGA and an 86 Audi 4000
quattro.  Both are fun cars for different reasons.
I have spent nearly $4k on the Audi to keep it running 'like new' and it has
72k miles, I'm the second owner.  I have spent nearly $400 (mostly new mcyl)
to keep the MGA running 'like new' and it has 31k miles since the last
restoration 10 - 15 yrs ago.
Even my first MGA in @ 1966 never had a huge repair bill.  Want huge, go
German.
Sorry, just venting over the cost of Audi repairs!
Simply a perception cuz little things do go wrong with our LBCs'.
Gordie
'62 MGA
'86 4kcsq