Re: U-Joints Question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U-Joints Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:40:29 -0700
Well, it is a little embarrassing when the driveshaft falls out...

... been there, done that.

I have heard that should it happen at high speed there is the possibility
of it 1) penetrating the floorboards (which could be scary), or 2)
catapulting the car off the ground, pole-vault style (very scary!). I
cannot vouch for these phenomena, the times it happened in my presence
were both starting from rest.

"Ya feel lucky, punk?"

; )

John A. Walker had this to say: