RE: U-Joints Question

To: "'John A. Walker'" <john@rmartin.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: U-Joints Question
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:35:36 -0500
> Other than the occasional annoying clunk,
> is there any danger associated with driving a B
> with worn u-joints?
> By doing so, can you damage other more expensive parts?
> I am not talking autocross style driving mind you,
> I am simply talking about around town casual driving.

        Not until the "clunk" goes "thump" as the prop shaft falls into the
street. It happened on my son's '74 several months ago. In addition to new
U-joints, I had to change prop shafts since the old U-joint had worn through
the rear yoke. I'd replace them now if I were you - it's not that difficult
to do.

Dan Pockrus
'74B awaiting paint