Re: color of smog components

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: color of smog components
From: "Bob Jasinski" <jasinski@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:12:05 -0700
I am new to the list but not to MGBs.  Regarding the engine paint issue, I
have a book in front of me from Motorbooks International, authored by John
Heilig titled MG Sports Cars, printed 1996. On page 64 there is a photo of
an original MGB engine compartment from the early '70s with the caption
"this engine is original and has not been repainted".  It clearly shows
everything painted a maroon color, smog pump, clamps, hoses and gulp valve.

Bob Jasinski
'79 MGB (37K actual)
'74 Jensen Healey
'61 Chrysler 300G Convert