Storing Removed Windshields

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Storing Removed Windshields
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:35:12 EDT
Hey Listers-
   I removed the highly curved front and rear windsheild from my 1959 MG
Farina Magnette.  These are not very flat peices of glass, and I was
wondering what you all thought would be a safe way to store them?  If anyone
has stored windshields safely in a house full of people who tend to break
things, tell me.  This glass is practically unreplacable in the US and it
still has the matchig number date codes so I'm not too interested in loosing
it.

  So far I decided tos tore it with the new window seals already fitted to
save atleast the edges... but a concoction of spray foam and plywood?  I
might beintersted in something easier!.

     John