Re: HELP ! Cllutch master cylinder weep has removed my paint !

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP ! Cllutch master cylinder weep has removed my paint !
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:30:33 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Mehr (EML) <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
To: 'mgs@autox.team.net' <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: 28 September 1999 09:51

>Anyway,  I noticed that the clutch fluid level was low and, after removing
the brake/clutch master cylinder cover observed that fluid was weeping past
the rubber boots of both the clutch cylinder and to a lesser extent the
brake master cylinder.
>My questions are:
>
>1/  Is some weeping from the cylinders  normal ?  (That clutch cylinder is
brand new !)

Absolutely not!

>2/ Why is this happening ? (I think that there may be too much lateral play
in the pedal mechanism and so the piston is rocking around from side to side
allowing fluid to pass)

The push-rod operates on the piston via a ball and socket, so allowing
lateral movement of the push-rod without twisting or otherwise affecting the
piston.

PaulH.