Off topic - welders

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic - welders
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:26:34 -0400
After many years of procrastination, I have decided that it is
time to buy myself a welder.

In the past I have had all my welding needs met by a good
friend of mine who restores MGs for a living.

I borrowed a friend's Lincoln Mig 10 (flux-cored) and was quite happy
with the way it welded. I am not looking to restore cars or even doing
floors/rockers etc, I need the welder mainly for light stuff like making
brackets, repairing cracks in metal, butt welds etc.

I am leaning towards the Lincoln as they have various accessories
like gas / flux welding, metal and aluminum welding, stitch-welding etc.

Anybody have opinions on the Lincoln 10/15 Mig welders and
where I can get the best price (Eastwood always seems really expensive)
Thanks
gerry brinkman