Re: underdash replacement panels for B (MGB GT)

To: scottdon@napanet.net
Subject: Re: underdash replacement panels for B (MGB GT)
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:41:51 -0500
don wrote:

> I bought some of the new panels for my '73 B GT.  I just gave up on getting
> them to fit and sent them back.  I'm going to patch my old ones and
> reinstall them.  New parts are awful!

For what it's worth: my good friend, Ken Freeman, of Tulsa's East West
Auto Parts, has what's left of four MGBs. Two are really half gone, but
still include some nice, fairly rust-free, original front and rear
fenders and rear decks and such and the other two are possible
rebuilders. One has the boot floor rusted to smithereens, but the other
is better. If I needed to, I could bring either of these cars up to
concourse, but it wouldn't be cheap. Ken is sort of holding the two as
rebuilders and has forbidden any parts to be taken from them. he
specializes in GM stuff and VWs and Saabs (he drives a Saab and a big
BMW motorcycle), but he ahs bought these cars at various auctions and
such because he recognizes the quality of the Marque. Ken is cool; a
good friend.

If you want to enquire about any of the stuff he's holding, his web page
is at:
http://www.eastwestautoparts.com/

If you don't like the page, it's my fault. Complain to me.   ;)

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/