Re: Synching carbs

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Synching carbs
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:17:24 -0600
Just a note on the uni-syn,
   Some of them are being manufactured in china lately ( big suprise), and
may or may not work correctly.  The problem appears to be in the seal
between the face plate that seals to the front of the carb. intake and the
tube with the little red ball in it.  It seems that some of the castings are
particularly good and leaks in this area cause either poor or no response as
it can't hold low pressure from the air flow.  It is repairable if you take
off the sealing face and clean up the casting and use a little sealer, but
it's a pain in the arse on a unit you just bought.
   Guess how I found this out.....
Harlan.