Re: Synching carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synching carbs
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:58:19 -0800
If this is the same Uni-Syn style that I purchased a couple of years back,
mine was
easily made very functional for use with lbc's.  On the Uni-Syn that I
have, there are two
pieces to the unit.  There is the round disk 'base' (part that you hold
against the carb body)
and then there is the actual meter riser piece.  These two pieces are
attached with a phillips
screw at the pivot point.  The problem that i originally had was that
enough air leaked past the
pivot screw that nothing would register on the meter.  So what I did was
install a small o-ring
under the screw head.  This virtually sealed the air leak and made the unit
very functional.
I do not know if you have the same style Uni-Syn or not, but if you do,
this might be your solution.
Apparently this fix was too complex for the manufacturer to figure out. :)

Hope this helps.

-JW

At 07:36 PM 11/16/1999 -0800, Bud Krueger wrote:
>Say Kelvin,
>
>     While you have the Moss hat on --- any chance that they'll give us
trade in
>on these pieces of junk that they sold us?

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com
~= Early 1974 MGB =~