Re: Stumbling

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stumbling
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:27:17 +1100
Barney,

Thanks for the excellent description, this is the exact problem I had with
my A before I pulled her off the road to work on her. My car is a street car
and heading into summer here where we'll regularly experience over 100+
degrees. In about 80 degrees, after shutoff, I was getting vapour lock.

Do you have any specific solutions you can recommend before I reassemble my
cyl head that might help this prob go away (I'm not a orig. buff,
driveability in all conditions is what I want (would like <G> is that
possible??).

My next move is a thermo fan for traffic and an overflow bottle with
recorvery cap. Apart from (hopefully) lowering the engine temp or at least
keeping it consistent, I doubt whether this will solve the vaporisation
issue.

Cheers,
Neil