mga generator wiring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mga generator wiring
From: Linda Gaubert <efg2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:26:06 -0500
Can anyone shed some light on this question??  I am restoring a 1960 MGA
1600 from the ground up.  I have rebuilt the motor and installed it in
the chassis with carbs, etc--body is still off the car, no wiring
harness installed.

I have started the motor and run it off the battery, now want to run off
the generator so I can get carbs set up right before the body goes back
on.

I am retaining the positive ground electrics.  Had the generator rebuilt
a year ago,shop is out of business so I cannot ask him this---do I have
to worry about generator polarity??  There are 2 terminals on the
generator, one fatter than the other, wiring diagram looks like both go
to regulator. Does it make any difference which regulator terminals I
use??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP

ED GAUBERT

1970 MGB