Re: Tire Mounting - Bead?

To: <JTPAKI@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Mounting - Bead?
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 02:06:00 -0500
My father and I managed to get a bead on a tire a few times by
attaching one of those     ratcheting tie-downs around the
circumference of the tire, then tightening it slightly.  This causes
the two beads to flare outwards and also ensures that the tire does
not have any 'flat spots' that can leak air.  We were using a
compressor with a 75 psi max, which dropped rapidly after the
initial discharge.  This method might be worth trying if you've got
a helper and a tie-down handy.

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata