Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 07:41:53 -0000
Don't know about any other markets by Lindsay Porter's Guide to you know
what has graphs showing the original UK list price of UK roadster and GT
year by year, a comparison with inflation, and the world-wide sales.  The
inflation comparison is interesting.  Starting from a 1962 baseline of 100,
the inflation-adjusted price fell to about 92% in 1965, kept within 115%
until 1974 when it jumped up to 135%.  Settled back to 115% over the next 3
years until it suddenly shot up to 150% in 1979.  Peak sales were in 1972,
39393.

PaulH.