RE: (no subject)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:47:15 -0800
I had a similar whine last summer--only showed up at steady engine speeds,
especially idle.  The first thing I did was check the belt.  It felt fine.
I then loosened the belt to check out the water pump.  It seemed fine.  When
I retightened the belt, the whine went away.  It hasn't returned since.  I
guess the belt was just loose enough to be whining, even though it felt
tight enough.

Not to say that's your problem, but you might want to re-tighten the belt
just to be sure.

Good luck!
Scott
1978 MGB