RE: MGB Heater core

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Heater core
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:33:01 -0800

> > I found that to get the heater core out you have to remove
> > the heater box as
> > a unit (because of the placement and orientation of the
> > flanges that keep
> > the box together).
>
> Thanks for all these tips, but do you have any idea how to get mine
> *back in*?  It's screwed into place, but I can't figure out how to route
> the flapper valve control cable back into the cab.  It's just sitting
> inside the space below the heater.

Well, you kind of just route it up and behind the dash, sort of, kind of
thing.

The hard part (which is why my heater flap control is wedged behind the
dash) is getting the control back through the hole in the dash because there
is a crossmember right behind the hole.

Of course it was in there quite nicely before I started fussing with it, and
it came out relatively easily...

Andy