Re: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch

To: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Subject: Re: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 20:28:59 -0500
I have always used my parking brake in every car driven. (almost 35 years since
licensed, damn it.) I have never had one freeze. Everything else has frozen,
but never the parking brake. And for you doubting Thomases and Thomasettes, I
have lived in New York City and skied in Vermont EVERY weekend for years; Moved
to western PA, north of Pittsburgh; finally, I now live near Cleveland, and I
would argue that it is often as cold here as in the Yukon (and will remain so
until those crazy Canadians stop sending "Alberta Clippers" down here!). IMHO,
parking brake sticking, or freezing  problems are mostly a myth unless you are
parking for 3-4 months at a time, that is.

Jim