NON LBC Polaroid Story - Family history

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NON LBC Polaroid Story - Family history
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:08:37 -0500
Okay, I can't resist trotting out an old story told by my parents.

They met when my Mom was teaching photography for the Army.  They were
engaged, when they were approached by a guy with "odd mannerisms", as my
Mom put it (my guess is we'd call him a nerd or geek today).  He said he
had a new chemical process for photography, and that he was looking for
investors, at the princely sum of $1 a share.  Well, my parents figured
that they could scrape together all of $1,000.  (Which was a LOT of
money in those days!)

You can guess the rest.  My folks decided it was too risky, the guy's
name was Land, the process was Polaroid.

I console myself with the thought that if they HAD invested, I'd
probably be an even more insufferable jerk than I already am! <grin>

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net