Re: Oil Presure; New question

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Presure; New question
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:46:32 -0800
Word on the street is that Michael Torrusio said:
> My 71 B oil pressure is always between 70 and 85# except at idle when it may
> drop to 65 or 70.  Is this too high, or am I lucky to have a tight engine?

The standard oil pressure release valve is supposed to open around 60-65 lbs
so yes that does seem a tad high unless you have uprated it.

85 lbs?  I would expect oil to be shooting out of the engine at all
angles :)

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)