Re: Rear Brake Lines

To: runriver@carolina.net
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Lines
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:20:06 -0500 (EST)
If you can't find a spot that makes lines cheaply then make them yourself.
If you have a PEP Boys or Parts America or Auto Zone near you they lend
the flaring tool for free. All you will need is a tubing bender(Lesle
makes a good one for about $10 bucks) and two lines, one short and one
long. These can be picked up at any parts store. Be sure you get the right
threads, and if there is a problem(shouldn't be) then just reuse you old
ones. Start by attaching one end to the cylinder then use the bender while
the line is still attached and bend as you go. Do the same with the other
line. Once done check for leaks, if you find one and tightening doesn't
seem to work, then remove the line and heat it cherry red with a propane
torch. Let it cool slowly and when cool reattach it. This will help it
conform to the cylinder.
...Art