Bonding fiberglas

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonding fiberglas
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:26:03 -0600 (MDT)
This is for all the guys that know more about fiberglass than me. (that
isn't hard)

1.  What do I use to bond fiberglass and metal together that could
withstand underhood temperatures of a V8BGT but will not be structural?
2.  Will they bond well?
3.  Would I be better off making the sheet metal stuff out of fiberglass
(in terms of bonding)?
4.  If so, what do I use to bond two finished peices of fiberglass
together (is it different than the epoxy used to cure the fiberglass)?

For all the inquireing minds I am taking a fiberglass reproduction MGC
bonnet and cutting out the part of the bulge in front of the chrome strip
and using it as a ram air induction into the aircleaner on my V8.  This
way, I get fresh cool air into the carb, I get a couple PSI boost at
speed, and I don't have to put on the silly american scoops that muscle
cars had.  You are welcome to flame me for the idea, but bear in mind
that, a) it is a repro hood not original, b) it's my car and this isn't
the first thing that isn't original on it, and c) I'm not going to listen
to you anyways. LOL

Thanks in advance for the advice and help, if it weren't for these lists I
don't know what I'd do.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari