Competition Roll Bars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Competition Roll Bars
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:30:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking to purchase a competition type roll bar
for my MGB.  My goal is to have something, that still
lets a person sit in the passenger seat, and will pass
SCCA club rally tech when I graduate from Solo II next
year some time.  I'm waiting on my copy of the SCCA
GCR, for more info. So far I've come up with three
options.

1.  Moss sells a rollbar, but this looks to be more
cosmetic than structural.  I'm sure this wouldn't pass
SCCA tech.

2.  A completely custom roll bar.  Due to current
living arrangements (all my tools, welder etc are in
storage 1200 miles away), I'd have to get a local shop
to do this. $$$

3.  Autopower roll bars.  This is the only company I
could find that manufactured competition roll bars for
the MGB.  Anyone have any experience with them?  They
look to be fairly inexpensive.

I've pretty much determined, the top will have to go
away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to
hear from anyone using a B in SCCA Club Rally, and see
what you were using.

Thanks,

Glenn
73 MGB with V8

ps.  Please cc a copy directly to me, as I subscribe
to the digest version.