Re: adding an ammeter to a RBB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: adding an ammeter to a RBB
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 06:15:40 EDT
Hello All;
I have to differ as to the ability of these diagnostic aids to forwarn of
problems.  The thing is you have to pay as much attention to their dials as
you do to small noises.  Just a small change from the norm is indication of
something that should be checked into.  If you wait for a big change you
might as well wait for the deafening silence when you turn the key.
By way of example, while driving my SUV recently i noticed a small change in
the voltage on the factory installed voltmeter.  It was approaching the end
of it's 100,000 mi warranty so I immediately went to Mr. Goodwrench, AKA Mr.
Hasen't Got a Clue.  There I was told that there was nothing wrong.  Three
days later and past my waranty the light on the panel came on telling me that
the alt. had gone bye-bye along with $135.00 that I would have rathered spent
on my B.
By the way, the warning that the B's water pumt was going out was too late
for me to have one on the way before I had to quit driving it.  What a
bummer, a perfect Fall weekend and the Bs in the garage.

George