Re: Wire wheel tube protection thingy

To: barrier@bconnex.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheel tube protection thingy
From: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:44:28 -0500
When I R&Red my old wire wheels 3 years ago, the ONLY part of the
wheel that had bad rust was a small portion that had duct tape. The
rest of the rim was fine. The tire man told me that duct tape absorbs
and holds moisture, facilitating rust formation. Use the rubber bands.

--

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA