Re: MGBGT hot

To: Dan Furbish <BarnOwl@world.std.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGBGT hot
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:19:11 -0700
A folding vinyl sunroof was a popular option installed in the '70s, I
think by dealers, not the factory.  I managed to get one made by Britax
several years ago, but I couldn't find a source when I looked recently.
Here is a link for a current supplier of folding roofs, Britax is
apparently kaput: http://www.donmar.com/sunroofs/fold.htm

You could install a modern glass sunroof, but it wouldn't be "authentic
for the period."  See http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/Sunroof.htm
for one I installed in my Vanagon that would also work in a GT.  Pretty
easy to do, a weekend project.

I haven't installed mine yet, (it's for the '74, and like it says below,
I'm really slow!), but I found one on the MG Cars site owned by a fellow
named John Rayworth, and he has some good photos on his site:
http://www.fluteweb.net/

Well worth doing, especially in a moderate climate where the air flow
gained isn't offset by the heat of the sun beating down on you!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list