Re: Caliper rebuilding

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com, macmillan@home.com
Subject: Re: Caliper rebuilding
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:40:53 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/01 3:38:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

>    I too will face this problem.  My rotors are like new
> but the calipers need rebuilding.  What is the current
> thinking?  DIY or pay for someone's services?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Calipers are easy.  Do it yourself and save BIG bucks.  Bob Van Kirk and I
each rebuilt the calipers (he did one, I did the other) on Amy Soich's Sprite
last weekend in about a half hour.  I rebuilt the MC and Bob and Larry
replaced the rear wheel cylinders with new ones (because they are real
cheep).  And then we replaced the flex hoses and bled the entire system in
less than one morning's worth of work.  (Read, entire new brake system.)

Beware of cheep rebuilts that are only cleaned up and painted.  If you really
want quality rebuilts, contact White Post.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport