Re: Caliper rebuilding

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: Caliper rebuilding
From: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:43:05 -0500
<<pay for someone's services?>>

Next question, Rick??

Keep this "tid bit" in mind.  Lucas (org) Service Bulletin DEMANDS bolt
REPLACEMENT on "halving" calipers in order to replace the "o" ring.

Got 'em??

Nope.

Can ya get 'em?

Nope.

IMVHO (of course<G>), SAFETY items are NOT subject to "short cuts".
Re-building calipers WITHOUT replacing the inner "o" ring is a plain waste
of time and money (and AIN'T safe).

       Ed

PS:   As an aside, my shopkeeppers ins always remains the same or goes DOWN
because I sign a doc saying I DO NOT "re-build" hydraulic components!!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list