Re: Overdrive Swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Swap
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:10:52 +0000
Charley wrote:

>  Well, that's what I thought.  I went 65 miles down to San Antonio
> yesterday evening for a MG club meeting.  I was thinking about this
> thread at one point, so I paid attention to what I could see in my
> peripheral vision while watching the road ahead.  I guarantee that I
> can see my gauges  almost as well as the road.

Ha! After an experience where, without any audible or other warning, I
suddenly lost oil pressure (never quite got to the bottom of it... it
was night so I musn't have seen the plume of oil vapor behind me at
80mph).  Next time I glance at the oil pressure it was dropping steadily
past 20lbs... ooops.  Stopped pronto and checked the oil... nope, none
there that I could find!

Looked for leaks... nope none there!  Yep, it all just blew through and
out the back (I no longer have that engine - it was old and worn out
anyway:-)

So I now constantly scan the guages for any signs of any unusual trend.
It is now a compulsion - but I guess a moderately healthy one :-)

>   So, what about the tires?

Drove about 30 miles on them and seem to be getting used to them.  To
*really* get a feel for them I am driving 8 hours on them tomorrow :-)
Yep, driving interstate on my expensive racing rubber - really.  They
shouldn't get all that much worn... I will be going mainly in a straight
line :-)  But These big wheels and wide rubber things feel awfully funny
and I just HAVE to get comfortable on them.

I will drop the list a line after Tuesday and let you know how theye
drive and on the track!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia