Re: Mission Accomplished... Next Mission...

To: scottinarl@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mission Accomplished... Next Mission...
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:28:30 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/01 11:03:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scottinarl@earthlink.net writes:

> Now to my next mission, (and question): I need to replace the BGT's old,
> dried, cracked, and leaking window seals, (not the one on the vent window
> though).  Looking at the Bentley manual, it says that the window has to come
> out.  Not looking forward to taking apart the door, I'm hoping that there's
> an easier way to do it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The door panels on almost all cars are easy to remove.  There is a big
advantage to doing it this way.  You gain complete access and makes the job
easier, and you have the option of lubricating and fixing anything inside the
door.

Pick up some white lithium grase ina  tube and lube the winding mechanism.
You'll be glad you did.  White lith is also available in a spray can to get
at hard to reach places.

When you are done, use a thin bead of silicone to attach a sheet of heavy
plastic to the inside of the door before you put the panel back on.  Keeps
things a bit more waterproof inside the car.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport