Re: Grinding Gears

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grinding Gears
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:40:58 -0700
Hi, Albert

Two things:

One, you needn't "prime the carburetor" because it doesn't have an
accelerator pump, so pressing the gas pedal with the engine off does
nothing.

Two, that clutch fluid had to have gone somewhere. Methinks you will be
rebuilding or replacing the master, slave, or both, in the near future. If
you're lucky it might just be the flexible hose -- better check it out
before you suddenly lose the clutch completely.

Have fun with your new B!

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149