Engine tag #'s, MGBGT

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine tag #'s, MGBGT
From: "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:03:00 -0400
Hello all,
my 1968 MGBGT engine has a new 1975 no-lead head,
new .030 over pistons, a mild street cam (Moss), new
cam bearings, a high output oil pump, Pertronics, MSD
ignition with HS6 SU's with K&N filters, the Peco 2"
exhaust header and exhaust. No smog equipment.
So it's not stock (obviously), coupled with a new clutch set up
and the new T9 5 speed,  it's a "Fun car to drive".

My question is on the original OEM engine tag it reads:
18GF-WE-H 108**, the last 2 digits are vague.
I checked with the latest Moss catalog on pg. 61,
Production data, the year, commission # etc.
I take it the 108** is a much later version than the
first GT with a 101** code.
What's not explained is the WE, and the H .

Can folks enlighten me on what those letters signify ?,
and possibly other letters that may designate certain features .
TIA.
Dan Furbish
68 MGBGT

///