Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:09:06 -0500
At 5:02 PM -0400 7/2/01, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>One question no one has addreessed yet (I asked it awhile back). If it is OK
>to swap in a different gearbox because it is better, more modern, etc., what
>is the difference between that and swapping to a more modern engine for
>exactly the same reasons.
>
>Or do you guys that want Sierra boxes figure that a Sierra engine would
>further improve your MG driving experience?
>
>Bill

My 57 has a '69 5 main B engine, bored .060 over, balanced, HS6
carbs, and a ceramic coated header. The only other engine I would
have considered is a Rover V8, mostly because I wanted to keep
everything MG, if not the exact year the car was made. But I do have
a friend who has a Ford 4 in a B. Should be a nice package-they
worked well in formula Fords and a few Morgans I know.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///