Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:59:08 -0400
If you swap out the gear box why not the engine?  Then why not the
body?  So one might as well swap out the suspension, the dash, the
everything - Now my experience in this, and this only after extensive work
with MGs, TRs, Maseratis, Aston Martins, Mercedes and Minis, is to buy a
new car.

At 05:02 PM 7/2/01 -0400, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>One question no one has addreessed yet (I asked it awhile back). If it is OK
>to swap in a different gearbox because it is better, more modern, etc., what
>is the difference between that and swapping to a more modern engine for
>exactly the same reasons.
>
>Or do you guys that want Sierra boxes figure that a Sierra engine would
>further improve your MG driving experience?
>
>Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list